Monday, May 8, 2017

Great Wolf Lodge, TX

For Ella's 9th Birthday we spent 3 days at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX. 





 Ella had a great birthday! Her favorite part was probably when Carl told her over the phone that she can get the pet hamster that she has been begging for (after summer camp).


The arcade was definitely a highlight of Great Wolf Lodge for all of us! 

Ryan won the jackpot of over 1000 tickets on the Storm Stopper 6 times! Apparently it's exhausting to be so amazing!
Much to my dismay, we have to find room in the camper for all of this loot.
We found an awesome sushi restaurant for birthday dinner.
I keep treasuring these moments of finding my kids between being little kids and big kids. I love this picture of them texting their older cousin while clutching their lovies :)

It was very similar to the one in Southern California,  but it had an outdoor ropes course that Ryan loved. I did it with him, and found it SCARY, especially the final jump!  The employee at the top told me to just step off the platform, but be careful to step out enough to not hit my head on the platform, and don't jump out and hit the fence. His assurance not to worry because he is an EMT didn't soothe my nerves! There's no picture of the final jump because Ella was down below crying that I was going to die! 



I had made arrangements in advance with a dog sitter from rover.com. It worked out great. She text me and sent pictures. Ruby was very happy to see us when we picked her up! The sitter reported that the only problem was the first night she came home late and found Ruby in her bed, perfectly positioned like a human,  snuggling with her deeply sleeping husband!



No comments:

Post a Comment